Public Utilities Board
PurposeThe Public Utilities Board is appointed by the City Council and makes recommendations to the City Council concerning the operation of electric, water, and other public utilities under the management of the Public Utilities Department.
Please visit the Public Utilities Board homepage for more information.
- 5 p.m.
- 4th Wednesday of each month
- Anaheim West Tower, 11th Floor
201 S. Anaheim Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
This is a 7 member board (Roster). All members shall be qualified electors of the City. Members shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government. Commission members may serve up to 2 consecutive 4-year terms and may not concurrently serve on 2 or more City boards and commissions.
- Make recommendations concerning the establishment of rates, rules, and regulations for the operation of the electrical and water utilities of the City.
- Make recommendations concerning the acquisition, construction, improvement, extension, enlargement, diminution, or curtailment of all or any part of the electric, water and any other public utilities under the operation and/or management of the Public Utilities Department.
- Recommend financing, including the issuance of bonds for the electric and water utilities.
- Review annual budget of the department and make recommendations accordingly.
- Establish a Public Utilities Hearing Board composed of 3 current members of the Public Utilities Board.
- Perform other related duties as outlined in the Municipal Code and such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.
Members are required to complete and file, with the City Clerk, an annual Statement of Economic Interest, Form 700.