With recent current events, we are in a moment of reflection for our nation.
We all want safe communities, and for the police to reflect our values and priorities as they do their valuable work.
Many of us will also take this time to consider our own options for having a constructive influence at the local level.
Here in Anaheim, we welcome your involvement. We believe the relationship between police and the community is a two-way street, and that dialogue builds a foundation for positive change that benefits everyone.
We encourage you to make your voice heard and help us better represent you.
Click here to learn more about the Anaheim Police Department’s policies and procedures and the different ways the department is accountable to the community, including independent oversight.
The National Association for Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement, known as NACOLE, is a great place to start. The organization’s website has many resources to educate yourself about police oversight.
The Police Review Board is Anaheim’s civilian oversight board for the city’s police department.
Anaheim’s Police Review Board, which is comprised of resident volunteers, is closely involved in the department’s review of any major incident.
The board also works closely with Anaheim’s independent external auditor, OIR Group, which has served as the city’s outside police practices adviser since 2007.
The board also will provide data on policing and an annual report on its work.
The board holds monthly public meetings to hear feedback from the community, engage with police leadership on issues of concern and make recommendations about new approaches.
The board meetings are open to everyone and are a great chance to get more information about policing in Anaheim and to share your own perspective. Join us for a future meeting, or you can email the board members at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions call (714) 765-4925
You can learn more about the review board, read the board’s annual report and other information below.
The board holds public meetings monthly. All meetings begin at 6 p.m. and are held in the Gordon Hoyt Conference Center, 201 S. Anaheim Blvd. (Please note: Until further notice, meetings will be held by video conference due to the coronavirus crisis.)
- May 27 at 6 p.m. (to be held virtually)
- Zoom link
- Meeting ID: 883 7863 6016
- Passcode: 178489
Previous meetings (View all Agendas, Minutes, and Audio Recordings for additional information):
- April 22- health via video conference
- March 25- held via video conference
- February 25- held via video conference
- January 28- held via video conference
- Jan. 23, 2020
- Feb. 27, 2020
- Mar. 26- Canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- Apr. 23- Canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- May 28 - Canceled due to coronavirus pandemic
- June 25 - held via video conference
- July 23 - held via video conference
- August 27- held via video conference
- October 1- held via video conference
- October 22- held via video conference
- November 19- held via video conference
- December 17- held via video conference
- Jan. 24, 2019
- Feb. 28, 2019
- March 28, 2019
- April 25, 2019
- May 30, 2019
- June 27, 2019
- July 25, 2019
- Aug. 22, 2019
- Sept. 2019 - No meeting due to NACOLE Conference
- Oct. 24, 2019
- Nov. 14, 2019
- Dec. 12, 2019
- Sept. 27, 2018 (First Board Meeting)
- Oct. 18, 2018
- Nov. 8, 2018
- Dec. 13, 2018
Agendas, Minutes, and Audio Recordings
OIR Group reports
The OIR Group, Anaheim’s external independent police auditor, produces reports on Anaheim Police Department officer-involved shootings, uses of force and internal investigations.
- Office of Independent Review Report 2019
- Anaheim Police Department Responses to OIR Group February 2018 Report
- Office of Independent Review Report February 2018
- Anaheim Police Department Response to OIR Group July 2016 Report
- Office of Independent Review Group Report July 2016
- Anaheim Police Department Response to OIR Group 2015 Report
- Office of Independent Review Group Report October 2015
- Office of Independent Review Group Report April 2015