Welcome to Anaheim
Anaheim is a member of Welcoming America, a national network of more than 100 cities striving to better integrate recent arrivals into their communities.
Home to a diverse community of over 357,000 residents, 37%
of Anaheim's population was born outside the United States. With 61% of Anaheim's residents speaking a language other than English at home, 40 languages are spoken in Anaheim.
Citizenship Corner at Central Library
Anaheim Public Library is working with community organizations to provide important information to you about naturalization and the necessary tools to succeed in America.
Founded to provide new Americans with access to resources
to achieve citizenship, our Citizenship Corner at Central Library offers in-person assistance with community partners, handouts, resources, and study materials.
Additional resources include:
- Books focusing on naturalization, legal, financial, basic education, ESL (English language learning), employment, and acclimating to American culture
- Handouts from the USCIS, Social Security Administration, DMV, and City of Anaheim Passport Services
- ProCitizen provides the civics, vocabulary, plus reading and writing practice that new citizens need to succeed in the United States naturalization test.
- Learn any of 90 different languages, as well as study English (ESL). This full-spectrum language learning program features speech recognition, scored quizzes, a virtual coach, downloadable MP3s, and virtual conversations, as well as a free app for your tablets, smartphones and listening devices to take your education on the go. Choose from a variety of learning levels, even for children as young as 3 years.
- Gale Presents: Peterson's Test Prep
- Prepare for standardized tests with Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep. This valuable resource includes full-length practice tests for GED, SAT, ACT, AP, PSAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, TOEFL, U.S. citizenship, and more. It offers information on undergraduate and graduate programs and tuition and scholarship assistance, as well as a resume builder and interviewing advice. Whether you’re a student planning for college or a professional embarking on a new career path, Gale Presents: Peterson’s Test Prep can help you along the way.
- Gale Courses
- Library cardholders can select from hundreds of free instructor-led courses covering technology, personal finance, career development, including test prep and certification.
- Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants
- Should I Consider U.S. Citizenship?
- Learn About Naturalization
- Apply for Citizenship
- Study for the Naturalization Test
- Citizenship Rights and Responsibilities
- Find Help in Your Community
- Recursos para la Naturalización
- Resources in Other Languages